School is back in session, and parents need all the help they can get when it comes to keeping kids safe. Awareness is the key, so here are some back to school safety tips our Bakersfield home security customers may need.
Communicate with your school.
Today’s school campuses are more vulnerable than ever. In the current climate, many schools are expecting to hear from concerned parents seeking information on their security protocols. With that in mind, don’t be afraid to ask your school about:
- Cameras, alarms and other electronic security.
- Lock down procedures in the event of a security threat.
- Updated visitor management policies.
Ask about safety plans.
Part of the communication process is asking about school safety plans. The California Department of Education has updated Safe Schools Planning resources designed to help districts and individual campuses plan for safer learning environments.
Ask your school if they have reviewed these resources and incorporated them into the most recently updated safety plans.
Know the access points.
As we’ve seen in recent events, knowing the access points into the school is critical for parents and law enforcement alike. Is the school utilizing the playground as an entry and exit point for drop offs and pickups? If so, it’s incumbent upon parents to inquire about whether the school is ensuring:
- All entrances and exits are locked and secured.
- Fences and gates are locked and secured.
- Staff supervision safety protocols are adequate.
This is the minimum of what schools should have in place — not only to prevent intruders from breaching the campus, but also to keep children from leaving unattended.
Secure Systems hopes these school security tips will help our Bakersfield home security customers support their children’s learning environments this school year. To discuss home security in Bakersfield and Kern County, call Secure Systems this fall.
About Secure Systems
Secure Systems is a Bakersfield alarm company that installs alarms for homes and businesses. We also install residential camera systems and business camera systems, commercial and residential fire alarm systems, wireless monitoring, remote access alarm systems, access control and door buzzers in Bakersfield and Kern County. Call us today at (661) 326-1747.
- Simple Strategies to Prevent Mail Theft - November 29, 2022
- How Bakersfield Security Companies are Tackling Rampant Auto Theft - November 23, 2022
- Protecting Your Home from the Kern County Crime Rise - October 27, 2022